The final week in March is an indicator that spring practice is in full-swing in college football with the traditional spring football games scattered throughout the month of April.
Despite all the stereotypes April receives for its usual wet and rainy weather, there may not be a better month that doesn’t end with “-ber,” for Big Ten football fans. Every weekend in the month will see some football action, with some Saturdays more popular than others.
Here’s the complete list of Big Ten spring games that are on the slate for the month of April, along with kickoff time and the network to find your favorite team.
Big Ten East
Michigan – April 4th @ 12:00 pm – Big Ten Network
Maryland – April 11th @ 1 pm – BTN2Go
Ohio State – April 18th @ 1:30 pm – Big Ten Network
Indiana – April 18th @ 2:00 pm – BTN2Go
Penn State – April 18th @ 4:00 pm – Big Ten Network
Rutgers – April 24th @ 7:30 pm – Big Ten Network
Michigan State – April 25th @ 2:00 pm – Big Ten Network
Big Ten West
Northwestern – April 11th @ 12:00 pm – Big Ten Network
Nebraska – April 11th @ 2:00 pm – Big Ten Network
Minnesota – April 11th @ 4:00 pm – Big Ten Network
Purdue – April 18th @ 1:00 pm – BTN2Go
Illinois – April 18th @ 6:00 pm – Big Ten Network
Iowa – April 25th @ 2:00 pm – BTN2Go
Wisconsin – April 25th @ 4:00 pm – Big Ten Network
After looking through the extensive list there are a few things to note about this year’s spring practice schedule.
- Michigan will be the first team to host a spring game in 2015 with a date of April 4th. That day is significant if you follow college basketball with the Final Four in Indianapolis getting underway later that afternoon.
- Rutgers has added a “Friday Knight Lights” experience to its spring game, beginning the game at 7:30 pm on Friday, April 24th.
- Admission to Nebraska’s spring game is $10. Entrance cost will be $5 for fans attending spring practice games for Ohio State and Wisconsin. Admission to all other spring games for Big Ten teams will be free of charge.
- Northwestern will hold its final open practice at Lakeside Field, traditionally home to the Wildcats’ soccer and lacrosse teams.
- Most schools hosting a spring game or open practice will also have activities for family and/or alumni on campus or around the stadium.
- Spring practice will conclude for the conference on April 25th, with Michigan State and Iowa holding the latest spring games in 2015.
Spring practice should answer some of the questions we have regarding these teams heading into the 2015 season and certainly will open up more questions as well.
It should be a fun spring with the fall and beginning of college football lurking around the corner.